Thursday, September 6, 2012

Booking Through Thursday (5)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted HERE. Check it out and join in!
This week...
 
We all had to read things in school that we didn’t like … but what
about something you read for a class that you ended up liking (or
loving)? An author you discovered that you might not have found? A
genre you hadn’t thought about?
 
 
Well, my junior year (last year) I liked The Great Gatsby. This year, I'm a senior. I'm taking an advanced english class this year, so we had summer reading. (ich) We were assigned to read The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I actually really liked it and thought I understood all the symbolism. I guess not, since I failed the test over it. But I'm pretty sure my teacher is just a hard grader.
 
I've never actually went out and chosen books based on the school required books, though.
 
Did you have an unpleasant-turned-pleasant school reading experience?


No comments: