Friday, November 30, 2012

Fanged Mania (1)


To join in, copy and paste these rules and the above banner into your Fanged Mania post and add your link to this week’s Fanged Mania post at Elisabeth Wheatley’s Blog. Fanged Mania is a Friday meme counting down to the release of Fanged Princess and displaying all things vampire and awesome. Fanged Mania posts can be a review of a vampire book, a quote from the latest Vampire Diaries episode, a showcase of a cool vampire book’s cover, or whatever you like so long as it is vampire related. Don’t forget, participants will be entered in the drawing to win a fanged-abulous prize pack!

The vampire book that introduced me to Young Adult….

Twilight. Yes, Twilight. I know we’ve all heard that story “Twilight got me into reading again!” My story, though? I read V.C. Andrews for a couple years. Like, that was the only author I would read. Then I saw Twilight in the book store, with that amazingly simple yet beautiful cover. I read the back cover:


“About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him – and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be – that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”

I was already hooked. I would not stop reading. I’d read in the car, on the couch, in my room. Anywhere.

So then, the only books I’d read would be V.C. Andrews and the Twilight series. I look at my bookshelf now and amazed at what new books I’ve read since then. It’s wonderful :)

Did this book get you into YA? What was the first vampire book you ever read?

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Well, the first vampire book I ever read was THE VAMPIRE HUNTER'S DAUGHTER by Jennifer Malone Wright. I'm not really sure why...