Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Cryptic Cravings by Ellen Schreiber


The morbidly monotonous Dullsville has finally become the most exciting place on earth now that Raven is madly in love with her hot vampire boyfriend Alexander, and a crew of vampires has taken residence in Dullsville's old mill. Raven discovers Jagger's plan to open a new club, The Crypt, right here in Dullsville. But is it her dream come true, or her worst nightmare? Raven and Alexander have to figure out what the nefarious vampire has in store for Dullsville's teen and vampire population. Can Raven convince Jagger to listen to her plans to make the Crypt the morbidly magnificent dance club it could be? Will it be safe for mortals and vampires alike?

And as Sebastian and Luna's relationship heats up, Raven wonders about her own amorous fate: Will Alexander ever turn her? Does he crave her and does he want to spend eternity together? And what does she really want?

With cryptic secrets and cravings, this eighth installment in the Vampire Kisses series is a romantic and mysterious thrill ride.

First line: “I had to admit it, Dullsville was no longer dull.”

Oh goody goody. This book was so good – I finished it in one day. Yes, the book was short. But I read slowly and normally it would take me a few days to finish those 200 pages. The great thing was that I didn’t feel like I was rushing myself. It was more like one minute I’m on page 1, the next I’m halfway through the book.

Raven…I love this girl. She’s goth. And I mean true goth decked out in black and loves morbid things. If I could pull it off, I would live this lifestyle. She’s not even afraid to get to the bottom of things. She just goes in and gets in down.

The guys in this book? Hot hot hot. While Alexander is cute with Raven, I still think she should be with Trevor. Just saying. Most fans of this series would disagree. But it’s so obvious he loves her and she is obviously attracted to him. Just get together and end the tension already! Yeah, I know that would kill the point of the series. They should still be together….

I liked the additions to this series through this book. Now there’s more excitement right in the center of Dullsville (I still want to know where exactly that is.) and now with that ending, so much more to look forward to. I can’t wait til I’m able to read the next book in the series.

If you like cheesy vampire teen books, this is for you. The comedy is a bit corny, but still enjoyable. I mean, the main thing I don’t like about this series is that I seem to only like the books the first time I read them. This is not a “going to re-read a million times” series. 

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Once again, a popular book I have not read!