Sunday, June 16, 2013

ARC Review: Promise Me This by Sarah Ashley Jones

promise me thisGoodreads description: WARNING: This book is intended for mature readers due to strong language and sexual situations.
Welcome to the South - where the tea is sweet and the accents are sweeter. This Southern way of life is all Charlie has ever known. It’s not until she loses the only person who pushed her to break free of the Southern Belle mold that she starts living the life she needs and not the life her parents forced on her.

Jhett has lived on the edge for as long as he could remember - constantly teetering back and forth between being a rock star and living a normal life. His rebellious and sometimes arrogant attitude is known to get him into trouble, especially with the girls who hang on his every move.

Charlie never thought that a trip to pack up her brother’s apartment would leave her feeling even more unsettled about the grainy details of her brother’s death. Her quest for information leads her straight to his old hangout and into arms of Jhett, who suspiciously knows more about her situation than he ever should.

Only a few questions remain - Can you trust someone based on their word alone? And if you make a promise, how far will you go to keep it?
My review:

This book was…perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Sarah’s writing style is easy and enjoyable to read. It’s one of those books you could easily sit down and read all day because it flows so well.

The characters are perfect, too. I say that, meaning…they’re human. Of course they have flaws. But you could relate to Charlie, or Jhett, or even Ginger. Charlie is probably one of my favorite main characters ever. Like Jhett says, she’s everything that’s good in life. She’s a character you could look up to.

And Jhett! Wowza! New book crush!! He’s this tough guy with a soft side and..how can you not fall in love with him?!

This is my first New Adult book I’ve read. I’ve got to say…I’m not disappointed. I’m glad this was my first. I hope to read many more NA books in the future. Especially from Sarah! I don’t think I’ve needed a sequel as much as this in my entire life!

I’d definitely recommend this book, which comes out tomorrow, June 17th! You can come back here for the release day post and links :)

No comments: