Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: The Key of Amatahns by Elisabeth Wheatley

Goodreads description:
Janir had the misfortune of being born with one of the hated Argetallams for a father. But unlike other Argetallam children, she was mostly granted a normal childhood, away from the rest of her family. It looked as if she would live a relatively normal life as the foster-daughter of a powerful lord. Until one critical day Janir’s powers awakened and she became entangled in a young enchanter’s quest for a long-lost treasure called the Key of Amatahns...



This is gonna be a mini review because 1. I plan on writing a more detailed review for the second book, and 2. I finished this book a few days ago and it's not as easy to write a lengthened review unless it's right after reading the book.

  • First of all, I really liked the story line of this book. It's a lot different than other books I read, in that it isn't really set in a realistic world. Sure, there are humans. But it's more like something you read in an epic poem or something, where the hero goes on some crazy quest with the elves and wizards along for help; the maiden who has potential dominion over the entire village. Speaking of her, I loved Janir. She wasn't some girly-girl princess. She actually worked her butt off to help others.
  • The detail in this book was exquisite. I could really picture the scenes, which, in my opinion, is hard to accomplish when writing. Elisabeth Wheatley has mastered the art of detail :)
  • Lastly, I need to point out that the author is just 17! I'm 17 myself, and to have not only 1, but 2 books published with a third on the way at this early of an age? I think Elisabeth deserves some huge recognition for her talent. I'm jealous! I wish I could write as well as her. Lol
  • Conclusively, I realize I sort of wrote this in essay format with all the transitions. Sorry! Haha. But seriously, go read this book. I hope to have book #2 read and reviewed soon!

No comments: