Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cover Analysis (4): Wishing For Someday Soon by Tiffany King



Cover Analysis is a meme inspired by Monica here where I’m going to just basically post my thoughts on a cover.

I think what really drew me to this cover was the coloring. I like the black and white background and then BAM red font. Also, I don’t know if you can tell, but the girls toe nails are painted red as well. The only problem I had with the red was on the back cover. It was either the red or just the font size that made the summary on the back difficult to read.

The car… well, I’m assuming that the car is the one that Katelynn’s family has moved around in. It doesn’t look like an extremely new car, but not too run down. To an extent, though, this car has a lot to do with the story.

I like the position the cover creator has placed the girl. Her legs are up and, though you can’t see it, it seems like she’d be laying back with a book in her hands. That just seems like something Katelynn would do.

Overall, simple cover. Honestly, I could put one just like it together on Photoshop within five minutes. It’s still very appealing and eye catching.

No comments: