Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cover Analysis (2): Hourglass by Claudia Gray



Cover Analysis is a meme inspired by Monica here where I’m going to just basically post my thoughts on a cover.

The background is the same throughout the series- one color with a picture of Bianca. Of course, the color and picture is different each time, yet similar. I like how it keeps the cover simple and still appealing at the same time.

Below the title it says “An Evernight novel”. You might not notice it at first, and I like that. It’s good that it’s there so you know what series the book is apart of. Yet, it isn’t too distracting.

I noticed the clock, right above the “a” in Hourglass. It would have made more sense to see an actual hourglass there, but it still goes with the theme of “time running out”.

Wait, now that I’m looking for more detail I think there might be an hourglass below the “u”. I’m not sure, but I do know it’s meant to symbolize something.

On every one of these Evernight covers, I’ve noticed the designs coming off of the letters. What sticks out the most to me is how on each cover, it seems to be a cursive “L” coming off of a few letters. Look above and below the “o”, and below the last “s”. I could be just imagining this meaning anything, but to me the “L” is meaning Lucas, the main male character throughout the series.

No comments: