Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Goodreads description:
WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five month of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.



Silence is definitely the best in this series thus far. I couldn’t put it down at all!

The amnesia Nora went through was one of the things that kept me hooked. It was fun knowing stuff she didn’t, yet the author made it so we the readers were also missing important information. Kept me on my toes.

Ahhh Patch. I still don’t know if I can trust him. Fallen angel = bad. But argh!! He’s just so dang hot and says all the right things. Grrrr. I really hope he doesn’t end up to be the biggest jerk in the history of YA. (Nahhh, Erik from House of Night already has that covered.)

There is a bit of a love triangle in this. Well, I wouldn’t necessarily say “love triangle”. Another guy is trying to get Nora’s attention but she just wants Patch and that probably will never change. And no matter how much I love Patch, I kind of want Nora to be with the other guy. I feel like I can trust him more, despite his role in book #2.

Nora… her character is growing. I really like this fact. I mentioned in my review of Crescendo how weak of a character she is. Not this time around. I’m guessing getting kidnapped and not remembering one minute of it makes you grow a backbone.

I was re-reading my review of Hush, Hush from about a year ago. I said something along the lines of “I think their story is over…” now I’m just like What? O_o NOFREAKINGWAYISTHEIRSTORYOVER. It just gets more complicated with each book.

I Need. The. Next. Book. Now.

Obviously I loved this book. I think you will too, if you love paranormal romance. Give it a try (:

No comments: