Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review: Power Within by C.L. Causer



Charlotte 'Charlie' Gordon wants nothing more, than to be a normal girl. But having a near death accident as a child, she finds out that she has powers. After accidentally electrocuting her sister and blowing up her mother's kitchen, she suppresses her powers for ten years. Unknowing that there are more people like her out there. A lot more.

That is until a secret group of them try and hunt her down because of her unusual abilities. Forcing her family into hiding, she goes on the run. Having to learn about her powers and her past, she meets many new friends along the way. But you can't run forever. She learns that someone has betrayed her to the very people she is running from.



Eh… This review is hard to write.

First off, the characters didn’t hold much appeal to me. They were typical, average people. I mean, I think what I liked was that they are adults (20s). But they just weren’t like…mind blowing awesome. They were normal, and some people like that.

I really love the idea the author had, though. The Lazarus children? Yeah. I really have no idea what that is. I guess it’s some story in the bible? I don’t know. It was mentioned in another book I’ve read though! Anyways, it was interesting how all these people in a community had different powers and that is what’s making me want the sequel.

To be blunt, the grammar sucked. I had a hard time sticking through this one because of all the errors. Honestly I wanted to print it out (it was a PDF) and go through it with a red editing pen (felt tip of course). With more extensive editing (and C.L. Causer, if you’re reading this, I’d be willing to help with that), this story could be a creative masterpiece.

So, to wrap this up, I enjoyed this story aside from the grammar. If you have the patience to ignore some errors, and want to read a unique story, then yes I would recommend this. Currently this is on Amazon for just $0.99, so even if you can’t make it all the way through, it’s not a huge money spender!

No comments: