Monday, February 27, 2012

Musing Mondays (2)

Musing Mondays is a weekly event where MizB from <a href=”http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/”>Should Be Reading</a> asks a reading related question, and you answer thoughtfully.

This week’s musing asks…
• Do you read books that are part of a series?
• Do you collect all the books in the series before starting? What if the series is brand new, and the only book that’s been published so far is Book one? As subsequent books in the series are published, do you go back and re-read the preceding books?

Of course I read books in a series! I love following the same characters throughout multiple books. I get really bothered, though, with long series. The House of Night series is getting kind of annoying because there are just so many books.

If I start the series after all the books are out, I will try to get all at once. But if I start it at the beginning, no, I won't wait for all books to come out before starting the series. 

When a new book in a series comes out, I do go back and re-read the others. I just like to refresh my mind on what happens. 

1 comment:

Victoria Scott said...

I love reading series, but I read them as they come out versus waiting until they're all released. I almost prefer having to wait...makes it that much more fun when the next book in the series drops. :)