Friday, September 14, 2012

Review: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Goodreads description:
Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.


My thoughts: So, let’s get down to it. Bloodrose was great. Better than Wolfsbane (book2), but not as good as Nightshade(book1).


I could not put this book down. I know most people say this about books they love, but I was seriously reading way past midnight. On school nights. Reading during class. I actually got mad when people wouldn’t be quiet whilst I was reading. That’s how captivated I was.

Pretty much the only thing I didn’t like was that a lot of likable people died. Then I knew I had to realize – it’s like Mockingjay. The book was about a war. People die. It happens. Am I still sad? Yep. Did I almost cry in the middle of a class? Absolutely.

Then there’s the love triangle introduced in book 1. I feel like this book strengthened that triangle and it is so difficult to pick a side! But I think that deep down, I’ll always be “Team Ren”. As shown to the right of my page in my “my teams” section :)

Despite how much I liked this book, I don’t really have much to say. If you’re already a fan of the series, stick with it to the end. I want to read the prequel series, starting with Rift. So hopefully you’ll hear back from me about that soon.

No comments: