Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

Goodreads description:Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

My thoughts:

Originalilty: Again, Suzanne Collins has made me fall in love with a book. The post-apocalyptic world of Panem is, well, I'd have to say the most original setting/theme I've ever read. The whole plot line is unique.

Characters: I still absolutely love every single character in this book, even if they're the bad guy. Collins develops her characters perfectly. The school librarian asked if I would recommend this to anyone and why. I said, "Because, you fall in love with the characters." She completely agreed with me. I almost cry everytime I see the actors who are in the movie.

Content: The content was amazingggg! There was no shortage of action, that's for sure. Every page something was happening and I loved that. I wasn't bored even once.

Setting: Again, The Hunger Games was set in Panem, but this time more happened in the other districts which was great. I felt like I finally got a feel for the rest of the country.

Overall enjoyment: I can't believe some people told me they hated this book!! I loved it soooo much! Honestly, it was the 2nd best in the series. The first was The Hunger Games. Like the school librarian asked, "Would I recommend this book/series?" ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY I WOULD!!



No comments: