Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review: Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts

Goodreads description: Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. It's the ideal fairytale... for most people. The last thing Chloe needs is public attention as this brings back dangers from the past that she's worked her whole life to escape.
Originality: So, the whole fairytale thing isn’t exactly a new concept, but Someone Else’s Fairytale, wasn’t completely all about a girl meeting the guy of her dreams. There were things going on that had nothing to do with the romance and it made the story really enjoyable, although I still would have loved it if it the entire story was just about Chloe and Jason’s relationship.

Characters: Chloe is a great lead character. She’s been hurt throughout her life, by people she should have been able to trust the most, and that’s only made her stronger. She was unsure about herself, which is completely normal and honest. She wasn’t some “Cinderella” in this fairytale. She was realistic. And Jason…wow. When I first was asked to review this, I was sure I’d hate Jason. Come on. He’s a movie star. I thought he’d just be some jerk. But then I fell in love with him, along with Chloe. I’m sure that’s completely unhealthy, being in love with a fictional character, but I could care less. J

Content: I’m not really into fairytales, but like I said, it wasn’t just a fairytale. This was a realistic, could happen to anyone, type of story. The characters were great, the storyline was perfect, I really loved the entire thing.

Setting: There were several settings in Someone Else’s Fairytale; New Mexico, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and New York. My favorite out of those was L.A. I could actually picture the scene there. Well, the scene of the residential area. And let me tell you, I never want to go to New York. It just seems wayyyy too crowded and wayyy too expensive. The only way I’ll go to New York is if I go on a game show and win a trip there, which is unlikely.
Kay, wow. Kinda got sidetracked there. Moving on..

Overall Enjoyment: I love, love, loved Someone Else’s Fairytale. Really, I just have a word of advice for the author, EM Tippetts: With the extensive dialogue, it would be helpful to add some “he said, she said”. I got lost a few times during the Skype sessions. That didn’t take away from my enjoyment though. Seriously, Someone Else’s Fairytale totally made it into my Top 5 Books read in 2011.




No comments: