Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Halo (Halo, #1)


Goodreads description: Three angels- Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human- are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They must work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.


Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

My opinion: Alexandra Adornetto has created such a beautiful world. I can't believe shes so young. Her writing style is just amazing.

Bethany, the main character, is completely clueless about human life. I can imagine how hard it would be to write that. I could picture Alexandra sitting in a mall people watching in order to get in the minds of her characters.

This book has a lot of detail. Usually I don't like that. I have such a short attention span that I can't sit through pages of details. But Alexandra Adornetto creates a clear picture without becoming boring. She gets to the point, yet I felt like I was in the story with the characters.

The relationships in this book are believable. I myself fell in love with Beth's boyfriend, Xavier. He's funny and charming; one of those characters you want more of. I don't think I'd be friends with Molly though. Molly is Beth's best friend and I just feel like Bethany clung to the first person she met.

I'm not going to give a name on the bad guy in case of ruining the book, but lets just say I have no idea why Bethany didn't see right away that they were bad. The persons evil was obvious from the start. Its like watching a scary movie and yelling at the t.v. telling the person not to go in a certain room.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a lighter story vs. ones that are dark and sinister. Its a good love story with obstacles along the way.

No comments: